About us: St. Mark is a vibrant and rapidly growing church in Huntsville, AL. We believe we are called to Connect People to God and One Another. Given our demographics and history, we strive to be an intergenerational community of faith. We hope to build upon our strong foundation in hospitality, Christian education, and community outreach. St. Mark also owns and operates a full-time Child Development Center serving six months – 4 years old, as well as an after-school program. Find more information on our core beliefs and values on our website – www.stmarkhsv.com
Job Description: Director will oversee all student-related ministries (Preschool – College). This is a full-time ministry staff position.
Minimum Requirements – A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in a youth/child related field. Preference will be given to candidates with a graduate degree in education or divinity. All candidates should possess excellent leadership qualities, public speaking/teaching and interpersonal skills and a heart for leading students and leaders.
Supervision: Reports to Senior Pastor.
- Must be able to relate well with staff, parents, and students.
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
- Must be able to manage the ministry and staff by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to verbally communicate scripture and Biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching and preaching.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high-quality work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Facilitate weekly student worship services and programming, as well as coordinating all logistical aspects of ministry (set up, tear down, scheduling, programming, etc.).
- Facilitate student groups by leading and equipping volunteer teams.
- Supervise student ministry volunteers through recruitment, placement, communication, organization, and training.
- Facilitate students serving on ministry teams at the campus.
- Participate in message series planning and creative meetings with Senior Pastor.
- Support parents of students by addressing concerns, educating, family care, and counseling.
- Select, mentor, and equip student ministry interns as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain a ministry budget.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Assess and evaluate student ministries and leaders.
All interested candidates should forward their resume/cv and cover letter to Rev. Jeremiah Chester (email@example.com) by March 31st.